- Pizza dough – 1 recipe
- Billabongs Crush Tomato with basil
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Fresh buffalo or cow milk mozzarella, sliced into thin rounds – 1 pound
- Olive oil – for drizzling
Makes 2 medium or 4 individual pizzas.
- Make the pizza dough according to directions. Set a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough one-half of the dough into a 13-inch round. Transfer the round to a floured pizza peel. Spread about 1/2 cup of the Billabong crush tomato with basil over the dough, starting in the middle and working in a circular motion outward. Leave a 1-inch border around the edge of the dough.
- Lay half of the mozzarella slices evenly over the pizza, sprinkle it with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil.
- Slide the pizza onto the pizza stone and bake until cheese is melted and the crust is cooked through and browned, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into pieces and serve immediately. Repeat with remaining dough