Spinach & Ricotta Canneloni
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1 egg
- 220g fresh ricotta
- 250g pkt frozen chopped spinach, thawed, excess liquid removed
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
- 700g bottle Sylvia’s Pasta Sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 instant dried cannelloni tubes
- 50g shaved parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- 120g baby rocket leaves
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the passata, water and basil. Bring to boil. Season. Remove from heat.
- Combine the spinach, ricotta and egg in a bowl. Season. Place in a sealable plastic bag. Cut 1 corner off the bag to make a hole. Pipe the spinach mixture into the cannelloni tubes. Transfer to a plate.
- Place 1 cup of the tomato mixture in the slow cooker. Top with filled cannelloni tubes, in a single layer, and the remaining tomato mixture. Cook, covered, on high for 4 hours or until cooked through and tender. Divide among plates. Top with shaved parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese) and rocket leaves.